A full-scale classical guitar you can play anywhere
The Escape Classical is a full 25 ½"-scale nylon string acoustic/electric travel guitar with a headphone amp built in. The proprietary In-Body Tuning System uses standard tuning machines relocated into the body, eliminating the need for a headstock. As a result, you’ll have the same full-scale playing experience you’re used to on an instrument that’s 25% shorter than a typical full size classical. The body is also 46% thinner than a typical classical guitar, allowing this guitar to be super compact.
When you need to privately practice, the built-in Shadow headphone amplifier will give you a crisp, clean signal through headphones without needing any extra gear. An under-the-saddle piezo pickup senses the vibrations of the strings and body for an acoustic style sound without needing a resonant body. The standard ¼” output lets you to plug directly into a mixing board, headphones, or your favorite amp. With the 1/8” auxiliary in, you can play along with tracks from your mobile device.
Features include an alder body and a bolt-on maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It has standard tuning machines and uses standard nylon guitar strings, measures only 29 1/2" in length, and is ready to play right out of the gig bag. A perfect solution for traveling classical players unwilling to compromise on scale length, and looking for a compact yet comfortable guitar. The Escape Classical fits easily in airline overhead compartments in the included Deluxe Gig Bag.
- Built-in headphone amplifier with 1/8” aux-in
- Built-in tuner
- Gloss-finished cedar top on alder body
- Wood binding, laser-etched rosette
- Deluxe Gig Bag included
Related Products and Accessories
- Scale Length: 25.5 in.
- Electronics: Active Electronics w/ Volume, Treble and Bass, and Phase Switch
- Headphone Amp: Custom Headphone Amp with built-in tuner and aux-input
- Pickup(s): Shadow Nanoflex
- Top: Cedar
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Finish: Natural Gloss
- Binding: Rosetone ABS
- Hardware: 16:1 open gear, pearloid
- Fingerboard: Ebonized Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: Side dots
- Frets: 21 Medium
- Neck Radius: Flat
- Neck Width at Nut: 1.94 in.
- Overall Length: 29.5 in.
- Overall Depth: 2.13 in.
- Body Thickness: 1.63 in.
- Body Width: 10.75 in.
- Gig Bag LxWxH: 31 1/2 x 13 x 4 1/2 (in.)
- Weight: 4 lbs. 11 oz.
- Weight in Gig Bag: 6 lbs. 14 oz.
- Audio Output: Standard 1/4 in. jack, 1/8 in. headphone out
- Instrument Input: 1/8 in. aux-in
- Batteries: 2 x AAA
- Strings: D’Addario EJ-45
- Model #: ESCN GLS
- User Manual