Escape Mark III (Mahogany)
The Escape Mark III is a full-scale acoustic/electric travel guitar with advanced features for the discriminating player on-the-go
The Escape Mark III is a full 25 1/2"-scale acoustic/electric travel guitar with a headphone amp built in. The proprietary In-Body Tuning System uses standard tuning machines relocated into the body, eliminating the need for a headstock. As a result, you’ll have the same full-scale playing experience you’re used to on an instrument that’s 26% shorter and 47% thinner than a typical, full-sized acoustic.
The built-in Shadow headphone amplifier produces a crisp, clean signal through headphones for private practice sessions. A Shadow Nanoflex pickup under the saddle senses the vibrations of the strings and body for an acoustic-style sound without the bulk of a resonant body. The control plate includes volume, treble and bass controls, a built-in chromatic tuner as well as a headphone output and aux-in for jamming along with your favorite tracks. A standard ¼" output jack allows you to plug into your favorite amp.
Features include a mahogany body with cutaway for high fret access, and a bolt-on mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard. It has standard tuning machines and uses standard acoustic strings, measures only 29 1/2" long, and is ready to play right out of the gig bag. The Escape Mark III is a perfect solution for traveling acoustic players unwilling to compromise on scale length, and looking for a compact yet comfortable guitar. Fits easily in airline overhead compartments in the included deluxe gig bag.
- Full 25 1/2” scale acoustic/electric travel guitar
- Mahogany body with bolt-on mahogany neck; natural finish
- Custom Shadow preamp w/headphone out and 1/8” aux-in
- Built-in chromatic tuner
- Deluxe gig bag included
Related Products and Accessories
- Scale Length: 25.5 in.
- Electronics: Active Electronics w/ Volume, Treble and Bass, and Phase Switch
- Headphone Amp: Custom Headphone Amp with built-in tuner and aux-input
- Pickup(s): Shadow Nanoflex
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Finish: Natural Satin
- Binding: Black
- Hardware: Black Anodized 14:1 (Closed Gear)
- Fingerboard: Ebonized Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: Black Dot
- Frets: 22 Medium
- Neck Radius: 9.5 in.
- Neck Width at Nut: 1.75 in.
- WxH at 1st Fret: 1.77 in. x 0.87 in.
- WxH at 12th Fret: 2.17 in. x 0.87 in.
- Overall Length: 30 in.
- Overall Depth: 2.13 in.
- Body Thickness: 1.75 in.
- Body Width: 10.75 in.
- Gig Bag LxWxH: 31.5 x 13 x 4.5 (in.)
- Weight: 4 lbs. 6 oz.
- Weight in Gig Bag: 6 lbs. 5 oz.
- Audio Output: Standard 1/4 in. jack, 1/8 in. headphone out
- Instrument Input: 1/8 in. aux-in
- Batteries: 2 x AAA
- Strings: D’Addario EJ-15
- Model #: MK3 MHG
- dB at 1’: Peak: 93dB, Average: 80dB
- User Manual