This model is discontinued.
The Traveler Guitar EG-2 is a full 25 ½” scale electric guitar featuring a compact traditional double-cutaway body shape and classic 3-ply pick guard, which provide vintage looks and modern comfort to the traveling guitarist.
Our proprietary In-Body(TM) tuning system uses standard tuning machines relocated into the body to create a guitar that has a full-scale neck, yet is substantially shorter than full size guitars. The lack of a headstock and a small, ergonomic body allow the guitar to be 23% shorter and 31% lighter than a full size electric, all while preserving the same full-scale playing experience you’re used to. At just 29 ½” long, the EG-2 stows easily in airline overhead compartments and weighs less than 5 pounds. Two precision-placed single-coil pickups feed into the EG-2’s built-in Pocket Rock-it headphone amplifier, which is custom-designed to produce classic clean and distortion sounds through headphones or when plugged into an amplifier. Players can also go passive into their amp of choice. The EG-2’s onboard electronics include a 1/8” AUX IN jack so players can jam with tracks from an external device such as an mp3 or CD player. Additional controls include Tone & Volume knobs and a 3-way pickup selector.
The EG-2 also boasts more traditional guitar features such as an Alder body, American Hard Maple neck, ebonized Rosewood fretboard, standard strap pins and a fully adjustable truss rod.
The Traveler Guitar EG-2 is the perfect solution for traveling players unwilling to compromise on scale length, but still looking for a small and light-weight solution. This guitar is an ideal carry-on guitar as well because it stows easily in airline overhead compartments in its included deluxe gig bag.
Related Products and Accessories
- Scale Length: 25 1/2 in.
- Electronics: Volume & Tone control, 1/8″ Aux-in
- Headphone Amp: Classic Pocket Rock-It Headphone Amp with Clean/Distortion settings
- Pickup(s): 2 Single Coil Alnico (11K)
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Finish: White
- Pick Guard: Tortoise Shell
- Hardware: Chrome 14:1 Gear Ratio (Closed gear)
- Fingerboard: Ebonized Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Frets: 21 Jumbo
- Neck Width at Nut: 1 5/8 in.
- Overall Length: 29 1/2 in.
- Overall Depth: 2 3/8 in.
- Body Thickness: 1 3/4 in.
- Body Width: 10 1/2 in.
- Gig Bag LxWxH: 31 1/2 x13 x 4 1/2 in.
- Weight: 5 lbs. 5 oz.
- Weight in Gig Bag: 7 lbs. 4 oz.
- Audio Output: Standard 1/4 in. jack, 1/8 in. Headphone out
- Instrument Input: 1/8 in. Aux-in
- Batteries: 1 x 9V
- Strings: D’Addario EXL110
- Model #: EG2 WHT